Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Navajo Jems










One of my dearest childhood friends was Cara Zamecki. Though we are no longer children, we are still friends. I recently caught up with her and learned about her business as a jewelry maker. I'll let her tell you about it in her own words.










My childhood home was filled with love, and my mother used to sew my clothes. I always wanted to learn.


I got into making jewelry young from going to summer camp. My first piece was a key chain/necklace.


I have one person who helped me go further into making jewelry. Her name is Mar. I'm inspired by stones and rocks. I find beauty in them. I love creating jewelry because my work is one of a kind. Each piece is made from my mind.


When I'm not making jewelry I'm thinking of what patterns from my mind I can bring to life. My first piece was a necklace made at Camp Singing Waters.


Navajo Jems has a store in Beeville, Texas. We moved this month (January) so I put some pieces online during this time so we might see more online.


Thank you, Bruce, for taking the time to spend with Navajo Jems.

Follow Navajo Jems on Facebook.


If you would like to be featured in Bruce's Babbling, CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment